If none of the questions below help you out and you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us.
1. Do I need a partner?
Nope :). We encourage (but don't require) rotating in all our classes and lots of people come without a partner. Having a partner to practice with can be helpful, but it's not necessary.
2. I've never danced before. Will I be okay in the beginner class?
Yep - that's why we call it the beginner class. It's designed to accomodate both people who have never danced before and people who have danced but are new to Swing dancing (or West Coast Swing).
3. It's the middle of the month. Do I have to wait til next month or for a series to end before I can join class?
No. We structure our classes so that you can join any week as long as you're in the right level class.
4. So...what level should I take? How do I know when I'm ready to move up?
We've got a whole page for this question here.
5. What should I wear to class? Do I need special shoes?
The short answer would be to wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable and won't fall of or hinder your movement. For more detail click here.
6. I wanna learn to Swing dance, but I keep hearing Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, Jitterbug, etc. I'm confused.
There are many different styles of swing. We focus primarily on West Coast Swing. To find out more about all the different styles check out this page.
7. Where is SoCal Swing Dance located?
Good question. We're not entirely sure either. Actually - we don't have one location. We run dances and classes at several different locations around Southern California. To find out the specific location of each class or dance we run, look on that event's page.
8. How much do the dances and classes cost?
Just like our locations, the prices are different for each night we run. Check out each event's page for the details.
9. My birthday is coming up. Can I celebrate at on of your dances?
Of course! We'd love for you too. Check out the birthday page.